Monday, June 29, 2009

Favorite Quote of the week and a Tribute to the Grandpas

On Father's Day this year we happened to be down in Albuquerque. My friend Alyssa's parents were gracious enough to let us come to their Father's Day celebration. All her brothers and sister were there, even her Grandma and uncle. Alyssa's grandma made her famous Pecan Sandies cookies for all the fathers and passed them out in cute little cellofane bags tied with a nice blue ribbon. So thoughtful! Avery was sitting on Ryan's lap when she passed them out and wanted a cookie right away. We told her she'd have to wait a while. We weren't going to open them just yet. Alyssa's cute Grandma says to Avery, "When you get to be a dad, I'll make you some, too." I laughed and asked Avery, "Are you going to be a dad when you grow up?" She looks up at me and says, "No. I'm going to be a Grandpa."

Thanks dad and Gary for being such great Grandpas that my little girly-girl wants to be one when she grows up!

2 comments:

argylesocks said...

What a cutie. That girl cracks me up every time.

Kelly said...

Yea! So good to see your updates! Such a cute little girl! I can't believe how fast time goes!!